I’m an active technician in the Cambridge student theatre scene. My background in technical theatre before I arrived in Cambridge came from my work at my old school where I worked alongside the staff Technician and the IT Department on events ranging from concerts to conferences and from awards evenings to musicals & straight plays. Perhaps strangely, I prefer sound designing & mixing for live music concerts however there isn’t much fo an opportunity for at Cambridge so I stick to theatre.
I have been lucky enough to attend the Cambridge University European Theatre Group’s 2015 European tour of Twelfth Night as a technician, the Pembroke Players’ 2016 Japan tour of Romeo & Juliet and the Cambridge American Stage Tour’s 2017 tour of A Midsummer Night’s Dream as their Production Manager. In the summer of 2018 I had the pleasure of sound designing my first opera — The Pirates of Penzance at the Minack Theatre in Cornwall with the Cambridge University Gilbert and Sullivan Society.
I used to lists all the roles and shows that I’ve ever been involved on this page however that became untenable to keep updating, so instead you can read more about them on my Camdram page. If I do a show that’s big enough to warrent it’s own mini-article then I’ll include it below.
- Twelfth Night (CUETG 2015) — Technician
- West Side Story (ADC Mainshow, Week 8-9, Lent 2016) — Sound Designer
- Romeo and Juliet (PPJT 2016) — Technical Director
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream (CAST 2017) — Production Manager
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (CUADC/Footlights Pantomime 2017) — Sound Designer
- The Pirates of Penzance (Minack 2018) — Sound Designer
Other technical things I’ve been involved with, but which aren’t necessarily theatre: